Poulsbo Yacht Club was founded in 1956 with the express purpose of promoting pleasure boating activities in Puget Sound. PYC is an “equal member” yacht club, in that both husband and wife must join. There are approximately 450 members, many of whom are active. Approximately 55% of the members are power boaters, 45% are sailors. Poulsbo is a small town of about 9,200 with a strong Nordic tradition. This “small town flavor” is retained with pride in our club. There is a strong representation of long distance (sail) cruisers and predicted log (power) racers in PYC. Assets approximate $1.2M in a new clubhouse, workshop, uplands, and 23 club-owned slips in the PYC marina. Everything was new in 1992 and paid for, we have no debts. Long term maintenance plans, with funding, are in place for the clubhouse, workshop, marina and DNR lease growth.
PYC has both sail and power fleet captains who organize approximately six club cruises per year, informal sailboat races, and predicted log races. PYC hosts the PYC Challange Log Race each year.
Each month PYC holds a Potluck/General Meeting and during the warmer months a Steak Fry. There is a yearly Crab Feed & New Years Eve Party. Also there is a Commodores Ball held each year to honor the Commodore of the club and a Junior Officers Ball every other year. Members may rent the clubhouse for a small fee for private functions.
The PYC marina has 152 open and covered slips ranging in size from 30 to 70 feet. The marina is a condominium Association and many slips are privately owned by members. Poulsbo Yacht Club owns 23 slips of various sizes, which are available for member rental.
PYC offers 244 feet of reciprocal moorage in the middle of one of Puget Sound’s most popular cruising destinations. We offer very clean reciprocal shower, restroom, and laundry facilities. Last year, PYC provided 500 days of reciprocal moorage for our boating friends from reciprocal yacht clubs. Our members enjoy reciprocal privileges at over fifty clubs throughout the Puget Sound and North into Canada.
What is so great about the Poulsbo Yacht Club Marina?
- Very clean showers and laundry area.
- Quiet, small-town environment.
- Massive logbooms make your boat very safe from winter storms.
- Security conscious facility.
- Liveaboard families provide additional security monitoring.
- PYC clubhouse, marina and grounds are new and debt-free.
- Walking distance to local supermarkets, dining, shops, bus service.
- Tennis courts and nice city park across the street from PYC.
- Located in one of Puget Sound’s most beautiful cruise destinations.
- Easy access to both North and South Puget Sound.
- Located on Liberty Bay near the charming town of Poulsbo.
- Active social and boating programs within PYC.
- Cable TV, phone, 30-50 amp service, dockboxes available.
- Liveaboard status may be available.
- Wireless Broadband Xpress Internet