Member Manager Help/User Guide
General Information On Internet Browsers
Note: You may want to print a copy of this section.
All a person needs to
Member Manager website is a web browser. There are many
(and versions of browsers) available and Member Manager will strive to
work well with as many of them as possible.
Our design specification
stipulates that we will support Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 (or
newer) and Netscape 7 (or newer). Both Netscape and Firefox are based on Mozilla. Our current testing shows that:
- Internet Explorer
(IE) - Member Manager works very well with IE 5.5 and
all subsequent versions and is the browser we most test with.
- Firefox - Firefox is the latest version of the Mozilla browsers. It works very well with Member Manager.
- Mozilla (various versions) - Works well.
- Netscape (based on Mozilla) - Our design specification stipulates that we will support
Netscape 7 and newer. Currently Member Manager has no issues with Netscape browsers newer than 7.
- Opera (has a good reputation) - With Opera, Member Manager does little testing. We do not
have any current issues with Opera and do not recommend against using Opera with Member Manager.
- Macintosh users are encouraged to use Firefox. The IE browser for the Macintosh is based on IE 5.2. Microsoft has not provided a
browser for the Mac since the 5.2 version of IE. IE 5.2 does
not display some Member Manager pages correctly. We do not currently recommend Safari.
- Firefox is the default browser for most Linux systems. Firefox on Linux
Workstations works very well with Member Manager. Be sure to install
Java Runtime support on your Linux machine.
Return to the Table of Contents